Saturday, March 23, 2013

Daily dose of pretty

I've been needing some pretty horses in my life as a change up from the normal beasties I see too often at auction or online. Also Mugs has been posting about coming out of the 'color closet', so I'll admit it. I also enjoy a flashy horse. My own horse isn't flashy but I've had some flashy projects. 

I hate that it's true, but it's 10 times easier to sell a flashy horse than a plain one, no matter how much better of a horse the plain color may be. I can sell a buckskin or a paint all day long. Now this doesn't mean I won't pick up a chestnut horse at a sale, it just means I'm baffled when the chestnut horse with excellent conformation and training is harder to sell than a horse with less then ideal conformation. To me, conformation is pretty. 

Below are some of the flashier: 
Sassy- grulla AQHA mare

Felix- palomino AQHA gelding
(Felix actually sold before he was even really listed- they came to see another horse and saw him and fell in love.)

Flicka- sorrel- possible red chocolate Tennuvian mare


Honey- Pinto MFT mare

Cowboy- Paint gelding
(Cowboy was sold pretty much sight unseen to the same people who bought the horse below- Little Bit)

Little Bit- pinto mare


Midas- palomino AQHA gelding


Clover-Bay MFT mare


 Danza- Buckskin Paso mare

Fiona- sorrel TWH mare

Kota- paint gelding

Ice- pinto, paint gelding



Aaaannnnd now: Have some more pretty horses to brighten up your weekend. 












































3 comments:

  1. Oh yeah...
    I'll have one Flicka please....

    Don't let Becky have her, no matter how much she whines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too late. I already peed a big circle around her.

    Or, if we're working with human ways of laying claim, I licked her. She's all gross and licked. You totally won't want her now.

    Actually, I don't know which one I want. My brain kind of shut down - there were too many to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! My Flicka was actually trick trained once she got over being hit by a 2x4 most of her life. So if you stuck your face out she'd give you a kiss on the cheek. She took two years to retrain.

    If I had to pick any of my own, I'd probably go with Sassy. Lovely little king bred mare, very bright and easy to work with.
    Of the other horses, I claim that first big buckskin!

    ReplyDelete