Thursday, February 27, 2014

And it's official- my journey will begin in March.

I just bought my ticket to Spain this afternoon. I will be arriving there March 25th.

I'm leaving early to help out my first hosts. That way I can get there a few days before they leave, so that my first hosts can both go and see their grandson and feel okay with leaving their home and horses with me and the other workaways. I'll be staying there with two other girls, age 16 and 18. I don't think it's going to be too hard for me to pick up (I watched the show horses- about 80, and all the other animals for my boss for two weeks while they were away. I did this by myself when I was 13. I was a weirdly responsibly young person) plus I've done house sitting for several other people. The weirdest was house sitting for 2 dogs, several cats and one 16 year old. ... That actually beat out house sitting for a cat rescue, with a grand total of over 34 cats.

Anyway, I didn't really have a point there I'm just trying to avoid real work.

So I'll be leaving a little ahead of schedule, which means I need to sell Moose by then, among other things. I did take him on a trail ride today and got him to canter for the first time. Whenever I tried in the pasture he'd buck/crow hop/lurch for a stride or two then stop. Today we cantered twice for a decent length of time. He's got a pretty nice canter actually.

So I've been thinking that I'm going to start another blog- one for my travels and my thoughts on them. Which might not be just about horses but experiences in general Yes, I realize that's basically what this blog has turned into already. Shut up with your logic.

The real reason is so I can give the link out to family and friends. I don't really want to share this one with them, it allows me to speak more candidly when no one actually knows me.  I'll still write on this one too I think, and i'll try to go back to making it all about horses.

Okay, I made the new blog and it's not very exciting yet but it will be once I'm in Europe.. I hope. I'm calling it- The Wandering Equestrian
Here's the linky link: http://thewanderingequestrian.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

  1. Have you found a place in Ireland to work? response yet? I am in contact with a woman from a Connemara ride and could put you two together if you are interested.
    Let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't contacted them again yet actually, although that does sound really interesting! What do you know about it, if you don't mind my asking?

    ReplyDelete