Monday, October 6, 2014

Head exploding...

Kaboom!
Hear that sound?
That is the sound of my head exploding. I am frustrated

Why is it exploding you ask?
Well, that would be peoples complete and utter lack of understanding about why a started under saddle/ very green horse is not a immediately suitable mount for their young and inexperienced child.

I don't know why I bother writing out ads with the horses good points and flaws, I really don't. Nobody reads it. I don't know what part of "needs more saddle time with someone who knows what they're doing before becoming a mount for youth or inexperienced riders" is possibly unclear. But apparently it is.

I also don't know what part of "we have only walked and lightly trotted him, with lots of ground work" makes people ask how his lope is and if he would ever bolt?

I don't get what part of "started more than green broke, 15-20 rides on him in the arena" makes people think that he is a finished trail horse that's ready to go without ever testing their child.

Honestly, your inability to pay $1000 for a trail broke youth safe horse (and yes, it is possible to find some cheaper than that) is not going to change the fact that the horse I have for sale is not a child safe mount. I am not going to change my answer and say "ah heck, sure you can put your 8 year old on him. It'll be fine, what could go wrong? That's totally safe."

Why am I not going to say that?
Because I don't consider having someone sit on a horse for a day makes a horse "green broke". That horse is backed, not broke.

Because sitting a small child on a horse and leading them around once does not make the horse child safe.

Because a green broke horse is not a safe horse for a child. Period. It needs more training.

I honestly do not understand how I could possibly be any clearer.

So why the hell, do people not seem to get Green Horse + Green Rider= Black and Blue all over, through their heads?!!

Just because it's a pony, does not mean it's already  kids horse.

4 comments:

  1. Saw your ad, he is cute. Totally understand your frustration, but trust me, it's not just trying to sell a horse (or pony) that will bring out the crazies. Just sold a trailer not long ago...ad had several good pictures of both interior and exterior. Ad included price, location, length, year....and I routinely got responses that started with "how much is it and where are you located?" I got daily emails from one gentleman for almost two weeks, wanting additional pictures or measurements of this or that. I answered every question, spoke to both he and his wife before they dropped off the face of the earth. Finally sold it to a young couple that saw the ad, made an appointment, and drove three hours to get it. I've got a nice MFT mare I should sell, but I just cringe at the thought of weeding thru all the crap to find the "right" home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. Yeah. The first people that came out, I talked to the father on the phone, and made sure he knew the horse needed more training. He said he worked with someone and he understood. They came out with his wife. Who said they were looking for a horse that was trail ready and safe for their daughter to ride alone with no vices. I told them he wasn't there yet and the still wanted to put their daughter up on him bareback... before I rode. I told them they should never put their kid on a horse they seller isn't willing to ride first.

    I have to admit, I've dealt with dumb responses before, but man, they seem to be so much worse with a pony...

    I do have a nice sounding English trainer interested, I hope she can talk her clients into buying him. I think it would be a good match.

    On a happy note, I cantered him for the first time today and he was a champ. Two nice big almost circles around the pasture. No buck, bolt or freak out. Not bad for his second time riding with a saddle. He's getting so much better about going"oh, a new thing? That's weird... but okay. I guess it's fine."

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's exactly why I gave my POA pony to a professional to sell. I didn't want to weed thru these people and end up having him go someplace where he'd do some little thing that would scare the kid then the parents would kick the shit out of him or leave him in the pasture to rot the rest of his life. Ponies have a hard lot in life if they aren't understood. AND they are rarely understood. My little welsh mare is a blast for the kids to ride.. until she is not. But we understand ponies on my farm and laugh it off. She is the master of "Statue horse", going to the middle of the arena and refusing to move.
    I also sold an older 2 horse trailer online and had the same horrible experience. Many non english speaking people who wanted to talk me down in price and tried to frusterate me with their nonstop talking.. some told me they were on the way to pick it up, would I take $x today? Really?. Avoid the Chicago market.

    ReplyDelete

  4. How to get back your ex husband, wife, girlfriend, or boyfriend,

    Hello to every one out here, am here to share the unexpected miracle that happened to me three days ago, My name is Jeffrey Dowling,i live in Texas,USA.and I`m happily married to a lovely and caring wife,with two kids A very big problem occurred in my family seven months ago,between me and my wife so terrible that she took the case to court for a divorce she said that she never wanted to stay with me again,and that she did not love me anymore So she packed out of my house and made me and my children passed through severe pain. I tried all my possible means to get her back,after much begging,but all to no avail and she confirmed it that she has made her decision,and she never wanted to see me again. So on one evening,as i was coming back from work,i met an old friend of mine who asked of my wife So i explained every thing to her,so she told me that the only way i can get my wife back,is to visit a spell caster,because it has really worked for her too So i never believed in spell,but i had no other choice,than to follow her advice. Then she gave me the email address of the spell caster whom she visited.(bravespellcaster@gmail.com}, So the next morning,i sent a mail to the address she gave to me,and the spell caster assured me that i will get my wife back the next day what an amazing statement!! I never believed,so he spoke with me,and told me everything that i need to do. Then the next morning, So surprisingly, my wife who did not call me for the past seven {7}months,gave me a call to inform me that she was coming back So Amazing!! So that was how she came back that same day,with lots of love and joy,and she apologized for her mistake,and for the pain she caused me and my children. Then from that day,our relationship was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, was now stronger than how it were before,by the help of a spell caster . So, i will advice you out there to kindly visit the same Website: http://enchantedscents.tripod.com/lovespell/,if you are in any condition like this,or you have any problem related to “bringing your ex back. So thanks to Dr Brave for bringing back my wife,and brought great joy to my family once again.{bravespellcaster@gmail.com} , Thanks.

    (`’•.¸(` ‘•. ¸* ¸.•’´)¸.•’´)..

    «´ Thanks to Dr Brave ¨`»

    ..(¸. •’´(¸.•’´ * `’•.¸)`’•.¸ )..

    ReplyDelete