Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Arkansas Appaloosa Event photos.. and others


I've been getting really into the idea of pursuing Equine photography, and now I want more lenses and a better body and to learn more and take more and more pictures of gorgeous horses...

I went to go cover a a shoot with the Arkansas Appaloosa club... and discovered that my shutter speed for indoor shoots is too low, and my f stop too high. Which basically means my photos turned out 'busy', grainy or blurry, or all three.  Arg. It was very frustrating for me... also it was cold and I didn't feel like I could move around and get crazy angles like I could in France. Since the only place my shutter speed was even passable was facing the door and practice area, all my backgrounds are 'meh'. So now I'm saving up for a f/2.8 70-200 lens. Drool.

Anyway, I'd say a solid 99% of you don't care a bit what I'm babbling about so instead I'm going to post some pretty pictures and beg people on facebook to consider liking my photography page or share some pictures. Also if anyone in Arkansas has particularly pretty or photogenic horses and would like a free shoot (bonus points to Friesian or Andalusian owners) hit me up.

First, some old but newly edited (recently got cs6) photos











  

 
 






And now: photos from the Appaloosa Event



  



  


Love this mares color!








So anyway, there are a lot more pictures, so if you ever feel inclined, or you want to see more of my pictures or my horses, you can see them at: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alaethea-Equine-Photography/569641646495818

8 comments:

  1. I have a chocolate dapple RMH with lots of flaxen mane and tail that is very striking, I may be biased, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a photogenic Saddlebred mare. We're hidden away in NWA. Feel free to come snap some shots of her and her boyfriends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I just looked this over with my perfeshnul photography daughter beside me. She's going to go look at your FB right away! I am always a sucker for a horse with spots so I'm going to love those pictures no matter what. Anyways people seem to think taking pictures of horses must be easy but it is a skill. Keep up the good work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. To bad you don't live in Alberta! Theirs currently a pretty big show going on, it would be a good photo opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great pictures! And I agree on that mare's coloring. Can I just say I will be So Glad when natural, in-balance-with-the-horse tails come back in? They look like beavers, without the cuteness. Just my rant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha, I was going through pictures and I found one where someone is attaching a fake tail to one of the horses in the background.
    I just started laughing.

    ReplyDelete