Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Why would you use these pictures?

1. bomb proof gaited gelding - $1200





We have a 17 year old black gaited gelding. This boy is big stout and can gait all day. Been thru it all. Rodeos, parades, trail camp. stands good. Has great manners. He would be great for an older person or kid or just someone who is new at riding. Will stand beside trailer for mounting and unmounting. He still has it for a older horse! We have uses a buddy seat and rode double. He don't care about much! Come out and see him for yourself! Asking 1200 or best offer. May trade. Let me know what ya got. Just don't want a gaited horse. Has new shoes and coggins!

Uhh, nice fencing. Why the hell would you use that picture in your ad? But hey, he's been through it all! Possibly including the fence! 

2. Kid Horse - $350




Biscuit is a 14 year old quarter horse. She's broke to ride an lazy but the sweetest horse I've ever had! she'll follow you around like a puppy dog an always wants you to rub her or brush her. I've never had not one problem with her. she'd make a great kid horse or even someone who'd just like to have a horse



Okay, so does anyone actually think that horse is only 14? She's in good weight, but the key word lazy in combination with that back and graying by the muzzle says older to me. Also, why would you use that halter for pictures? Just take it off (and throw it away).  Otherwise, the mare seems happy and well fed which is good.


3. PALAMINO GELDING - $700 (WHITE HALL)
4.5 YRS OLD. GENTLE, BROKE, 16.2 HANDS

DRINKS COFFE WITH ME IN MORNING.
MOVING CANT TAKE WITH ME.

I... wait... he what?
*snickers* because coffee drinking is more important then breed, training, disposition.... I wonder how that influences his daily energy levels. Does he get grumpy without his morning fix?

4. Flea bitten gray mare - $2000



She just isn't getting the attention she needs but she is a great horse!!! Just needs a good home.


Why, sure I'll be happy to pay two grand for a unspectacular colored horse that's covered in mud and I know nothing about! Breed? Age? Training? Disposition? Problems?  That's for fancy city folks. After all, all she needs is a good home and some attention and she'll turn in to.... Umm, a unicorn? Yeah, a unicorn! 



5. For a kid! Prefer a gelding, 13-14 hands, quarter type, arnd 10 ys old, very well broke, no gated horse, must be in good shape and a good looking horse, please don't try to sell me a horse with any problems, must be completely sound, no cripples! Be 100% honest about your horse please... If it isn't like you say, please be ready to give my money back... Must not EVER buck or run away... For my daughter... We have a wonderful home for your horse.. My money is good and my word is too.. Thanks..

So you'd like the perfect horse that never ever does anything bad no matter what, right? Well I'd like a car that never needs fixing or a tune up no matter how crap I put it through or how bad of care I give it. 
Let me just re-list those requirements:
You want a 10 year old gelding that's between 13 and 14 hands high, very well broke but still kid safe, that's 100 % sound and never ever does anything bad and you want a money back guarantee.   
Nothing about this ad would make me want to reply to it even if I did have such a horse. There is no such thing as a horse that NEVER does anything bad despite what the rider does. If there it's probably a lot older than 12.

 6. 8 month old pony - $400





We have a 8 month old colt weaned n ready to find a new home. She's very friendly and easy to catch and halter broke! My 4 yr old went and got on her for the first time the other day she didnt run or buck. we NEED to sale her quick!!!  WIILL MAKE A GREAT CHRISTMAS GIFT FOR YOUR LITTLE ONE!

Well I see other people are thankfully as disgusted by this as I am and are proving it with their wallets.

What the hell is wrong with you?! It's not even a yearling yet! Of course she didn't buck, she probably had no idea what was going on. Most horses won't buck the first time you get on them, they just stand there in shock if you haven't prepared them in advance.
Also, is it a colt or a filly? Make up your mind. 
Ugh.

For comparison, the very next ad I clicked on was this:

7. cute gental 2 yr old miniture horse stud - $125



He is very gental, was bought for my two girls as a pet. They are 8&9 years old... They have led each other around on him, but I have made them stop for fear of hurting him. He is only 30" tall. Asking what I paid for him. Good home preferd...

Now I don't LOVE this ad either, I hate this he's still a stud and the good home 'preferred' makes me cringe inside.  However, the horse looks to be in good health and the parent recognizes that their children are too big and make them stop. Thank you! That is a pleasant surprise.

8.  AQHA Mare Timeless Affair - $300





AQHA Mare Timeless Affair for sale. She is 22 years old. She is a sorrel mare and a own daughter of Diversified on the top and In Question, Go Galla's Man, Tonto Bars Hank on the bottom side. This mare has 4 AQHA points in Youth Western Pleasure and has showed very well in 4H. She has produced two foals who have shown in 4H shows. She has a loving and willing nature. She works well n the round pen and in the show ring. Affair side passes, backs up, stops on a dime, always takes the correct lead for a lope. On the trial she is willing to go and does not spook at anything. We would like her to go into someones breeding program and produce more winning offspring. This mare does have navicular but can be ridden lightly. Affair would be great for a lesson horse to teach novice riders. She has been ridden by lightly my 13 year old daughter and 5 year old daughter. Thank you for your time and consideration.


Okay. I like that this mare is older and in good shape. I like that she's registered and well broke. I hate that she's 22, with navicular, and they want her to be a broodmare or lesson horse. Look, she's won a whopping 4 points and her offspring have shown in the super amazing realm of 4H (notice they don't say won) and she's only worth $300. What about that says breed her?! NOTHING.

4 comments:

  1. Don't worry New Zealand has it's own facepalm moments too....

    http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/equestrian/horses-ponies/horses/auction-502177381.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Snort* And they find it 'unbelievable' no one has come to see him?! Oh my.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people are really proud of their horses.
    This filly has been for sale for the last year.

    http://cosprings.craigslist.org/grd/3754435491.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...and she will be for years at that price!

    ReplyDelete