Monday, April 29, 2013

What will $500 buy you in Arkansas?

I was chatting with someone about the cute bay gelding below who said that $500 for a project like him was a steal. I thought it was actually rather steep- horses go for squat in my area. So I thought i'd see some of the diversity of what $500 bucks (or less) will get you around here. No snark, or at least very little, just examples.

1. Paint for sale



Good natured paint mare. She 9. She was bred an will probably foal around March of next year. Very gentle. Calm. Loves attention. Been rode In parade. Let's you pick up her feet. Loves to be groomed. Never offer to bite or kick. Been on trail rides. Only reason for getting rid of her is I'm pregnant an wont have time for her. Shes a good horse. I will only sale her to good home. Coggins utd . Asking 500 text for more information

2. Docolena stud colt AQHA - $375



One Reg Quarter Horse Colt 1yr & 3 months Sorrel $500 obo, halter broke,hauls,has had his feet trimmed,neg coggins... Excellent Blood Line and confirmation.


3. 1/2 arabian 1/2 quarter horse - $500


Coutney is a 10 year old mare that rides good, neck reigns, good on rough terrain. She used to ride in parrades. Anyone seriuosly intersted can come try her out. We need to get rid of her due to she bullies our miniature horses and sheep. We would be willing to trade her for goats or sheep or something of equal value.

4.Quality AQHA Horses - $200


Starting at $200.00 and up. Quality AQHA horses for sale. A few are AQHA/APHA registered also. Cutting, Reining and Foundation bred maybe a few halter bred thrown in there. all colors, yearlings, 2 yr olds and up. colts, fillies, studs,brood mares, open and bred, some 3 in one packages, some with foals at side.

a friend has a yearling WARMBLOOD colt, palomino, mom is a AQHA mare, sire is a 15.3 hand Trekhener ?, colt is parent verified( DNA typed) can be registered as a American Warmblood or Palomino horse club. asking $800.00 but is open to offers.

reasonable offers excepted. all registered or on breeders certificates. come on out and take a look, some nice bred horses.


5. Thoroughbred Gelding for sale - $500
Oh, is there a fence here? That's cute. 

8 year old Thoroughbred gelding. 16-17 hands, retired race horse and grandson to the late Storm Cat. $500

6.6 year old quarter horse - $500

Cabela is a six year old quarter horse. Doesn't mind a rope thrown off of her. Has run barrels a little bit. Good for farrier. Has had shots and has negative coggins. Just had feet trimmed. 13.2 hands

7.Paint Mare- Readt to Go! - $500

"Zuni" 11 year old Paint mare. Fantastic little mare. Heart of gold and covers a lot of ground. She would be perfect for day work or anything you can put her mind to. She is curently being worked everyday. She needs someone that is committed to riding her, she excels ona regular work schedule. Very easy keeper, UTD on worming and Coggins. Please text, email, or call for any more information or to come schedule a ride! I am open for negotiations or trades

8. Quarter horse - $350
Adorable face.




6 year old quarter horse. Green-broke.
Don't have time to tend to it anymore

9. 6 year old Arabian - $350



Lilly is a great horse to ride she loves to go! fun to ride but she don't like her ears messed with an she has some spirit in her, I think she'd be great on barrels but lilly needs a experienced rider.

10.

Pretty, sorrel, quarter horse mare, 4 years old in May. She leads easily, loads well, is trained to ride and is not easily spooked. Even loud noises don't bother her. She needs and experienced rider to finish out her training. She is smaller (13.1H) but fast. She has never been shoed, and has nice hard hooves. She also loves a bath in the summertime. $500

11. BROKE QUATER HORSE - $500


FREEDOM IS A GREAT MARE THAT ANYONE CAN RIDE. SHE HAS HAD A WONDERFUL LIFE AND HAS HAD NO HEALTH ISSUES. SHE WILL LOAD, TIE, BATH,AND WHAT EVER ELSE YOU NEED..... SHE IS 14 YEARS OLD..... I WILL ONLY CONSIDER A GOOD HOME.... SHE HAS BEEN USED FOR BARRELS AND TRAIL RIDDING SHE CURRENTLY WORKS AS A SEARCH AND RESCUE HORSE....
I think this little mare is an absolute steal!



And now for your daily dose of hilarity/delusional owners

Will Trade a Registered 2 year Old Appaloosa


I'm getting a 2 year old Appaloosa gelding on Saturday, and I am willing to trade him for a horse that is a little older and a little bigger. i'm also in need of a horse trailer that will be big enough to haul three horses. I will be willing to trade him for both since he is registered


Hahahaha, yeah I'd happily trade my older, bigger, probably broke horse and a 3 horse trailer for one runty/stunted few spot, grungy appy gelding with no chest, crappy neck, and who's cowhocked, so overall sub-par conformation. What a steal!  But he's worth it because he's *registered!* Because shitty horses can't be registered or anything..  Just because it has papers, doesn't mean it's a quality horse. I'd much rather buy the 14 year old mare above who isn't registered, thanks. 
Not to mention, they don't even have the horse yet and are probably getting him free or dirt cheap from the sounds of it. 


6 comments:

  1. Obviously I need to go to AK next time I want to buy a horse. They are much higher here in WY.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to believe they could be higher in WY, here in NE they are dirt cheap. I do enjoy looking at Craigslist, although I have been trying not to I find horses I want and I CAN NOT have another horse. I saw quite a few cheap ones on the WY pages. Of course good quality well advertised horses are always more expensive.
    I want one of those cheap gaited horses you are always finding. All we have out here are Quarter Horses. Nothing wrong with a Quarter horse but it gets pretty boring when that's all there is. Oh yeah, doesn't matter, can not have another horse.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we're overrun with QH's but since there are a lot of trail riders here, people like to have gaited ones for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That 14 year old sounds fantastic - nice little all around horse that will always be welcome at my place!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know! I can't believe she's still there though. Horses like that don't usually last more than a few days unless they aren't as described. I don't know why they'd sell her for that little honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't understand the super cheap price either. I wish she were closer to me; I'm quite curious about her.

    ReplyDelete