Friday, September 12, 2014

It's Equine Auction day!

It's Equine Auction day!

The trailer is open, so's that pen,
I didn't know they'd do that ever again,
Who knew we owned eight thousand old halters?

For days I've roamed these empty stalls,
Why have a round pen with no walls? (Dad took down my arena)
Finally we're opening up the gate!

There'll be actual real live horses,
It'll be totally strange,
But wow am I so ready for this change!

'Cause for the first time in forever,
There'll be shouting, there'll be bids
For the first time in forever
I'll be searching through the night.

Don't know if I'm elated or anxious,
But I'm somewhere in that zone.
Cause for the first time in forever
Sam won't be alone. (Nora and Rambler don't count)

I can't wait to meet everyone!
What if I meet... the one?

Tonight imagine me boots and all
Stiffly propped against the wall
The picture of exhausted cowgirl grace
Ooh! I suddenly see them standing there
A beautiful beastie, tall and fair
I wanna stuff some Twizzlers in my face!

But then I poke and prod all evening,
Which is totally bizarre
Nothing like the month I've had so far

For the first time in forever
There'll be horses, there'll be mules
For the first time in forever
I could be taken by someone

And I know it is totally crazy
To dream I'd find two projects
But for the first time in forever
At least I've got a chance!



This what's been going through my head all morning. I thought listening to 'For the first time in forever' on the frozen soundtrack would make it better. I was wrong, I was so so wrong.

But it is auction day! Hopefully I'll come home with a project. My mother wants to bring home a mini. My sister wants to bring home a Conky (Cow+ Donkey. I've tried telling her I don't think that's a real thing, but she says she'll bring home a donkey anyway. Yes, she's my older sister.)

It's a good thing I have the only bidders card.

I'll also be doing an auction report so stay tuned.



2 comments:

  1. did you have any luck at the auction?
    I'm so glad I'm skint, so many lovely horses for sale/cheap/want a nice place to retire. Love reading other stories though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sadly, I did not, I actually had terrible, awful no good very bad luck.
    And horses are pretty high right now, apparently they're up to .85 cents a pound, so the kill buyers are paying more. But I am working on the write up. I didn't get anything at Beebe (still angry) and I went to London the next night. Drove an hour by myself with the trailer... only to find out that apparently London closed sometime while I was gone and didnt update the internet.. or their sign. Yeah. had to turn around and drive home. I do have a new project though, I'll post some pictures when I've finished the update. She came from a private home on CL, she's a Spotted Draft mare

    ReplyDelete