Thursday, January 9, 2014

Busty (Horsegirl) Problems

Possible over sharing- brought to you by my friend blackberry vodka. I'm 99% sure all of my readers are female anyway. I'm not sure about the lurkers, but if you're male then.... well, this is a post about boobs and bras. That's your warning.



So I've been spending too much money lately. It's on stuff I need mainly, but still! Dang, buying nice things new is expensive! Which is mainly why I don't ever do it.

I recently bought a helmet for Christmas ( about $50) then I bought myself 6 pairs of breeches (One was an accident! I bought two and bid on another thinking I'd be outbid- and then I wasn't. Then someone I bought the first pair from said they had 3 more- and they'd sell me them for $30, shipping included. So now I have 5 pairs of breeches... I bought them all used so they cost me about $60 for all 5. Which really isn't bad since the brands are: tuffrider, equilibre, tailoredsportsman, OnCourse and Equestrian Designs. And since a new pair of affordable breeches costs about $45-50 bucks.) So I can deal with that... I also wore my first pair of breeches and decided that I'm in love and never wearing jeans again... err, ever. I also bought some half chaps since I got an amazon gift card for Christmas that basically covered them.

Breeches are officially too warm and comfy to be replaced by pants.

Anyway, that all made me cringe because I hate spending money. But I figured if I'm going abroad to improve my riding and horsemanship, these are things I'm going to use. A lot. Why is horse stuff so damn expensive?!

But all that I could legitimize in my mind. The $55 I just spent on two bras..... Well, that one is harder. It's the Victoria secret semi annual sale so they were about half price, which helps, but still! I have never paid that much for a bra before in my life! In fact, I'm pretty well known for buying bras on sale at cheap stores or target and claiming that if they covered my boobs, they fit fine! I refused to get fitted because, well, the ones I had fit well enough... ... ... I thought.

My life: large boobs + previous back problems.


Over break I (and The Boy's little sister) received $30 gift cards to Victoria secret and a $10 off coupon. So we went shopping. She made me get sized/fitted. It's the first time I've ever had it done. I was wearing a 36 C when I went in (I normally wore about a 36 D) and it turns out I'm a 34DD-34DDD. I found a bra, it normally cost $58. Yikes! Even with the card and coupon I don't think I've ever spent that much on a single bra in my entire life!

But this time I did. And I just bought another copy of it in tan during the sale tonight. What changed my mind? The fact that I realized I've been torturing myself for years to save a few bucks. (I might just be blogging about this to legitimize it to myself right now.)

We don't need to be reminded to keep our 'chest up!'

When I rode I had to wear a tight fitting bra and a tight sports bra just to deal with a trot. Even then I'd spend time holding in my breasts to stop them from bouncing. On days when they hurt more than normal, we just wouldn't trot. It's honestly part of why I preferred gaited horses.

So I tried on the nice (it has memory fit!) bra and I did the 'trot' test. You know, the particular forward bounce you get on an uncomfortable horse. It didn't feel like someone was punching me in the chest. I tried it again- and it still didn't! Imagine my surprise when I got home, rode a horse- and I didn't have to hold my chest or try to ignore the awful bouncing.

I think I actually stopped and had a moment.

Stairs are evil torture devices made by men... so are speed bumps. 


I never knew. Oh god, why did I not know!? Same goes for breeches- because damn those things are comfy. (I asked The Boy if he'd still like me if I never wore real pants again and just wore breeches. He said 'of course' and then asked for a picture of me wearing breeches. *hmph* Boys.)



...No. No it's not.  

So in case there are busty readers out there- if you don't have a perfectly fitted bra- get one. You'll like your horse so much more. I'm never going back. I even went through my bras and got rid of half a garbage bag full (no joke) of mediocre bras.

I love the comic: Busty Girl Problems. Because I'm pretty sure we're long lost twins.
http://bustygirlcomics.com/






I can't do button ups.

Not bragging! We really do want them to go away.  Trotting with small boobs was way better! 


3 comments:

  1. I whole heartedly agree...Vicky's...the best thing that ever happened to boobies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm stacked, like really stacked. I think I'm currently in an H. Victoria's Secret doesn't make them big enough to contain my girls and I rode dressage. I found an awesome sports bra made by champion. It clasps in the back like a regular bra but is a very dense elastic fabric and fits beautifully. Granted you do get the uniboob look but for riding the thing is awesome. The one I have is about 15 years old and still going strong. The modern version of it is called champion spot comfort full support sports bra. I workout in the gym after years of riding dressage and nursing 2 kids and don't get any black eyes!

    ReplyDelete