Friday, November 1, 2013

500 or less roundup!

Well, I was going to have a real post but then my allergies or a cold started killing me so I'm going to have another 'what will $500 get you in Arkansas' post. Some of these horses are steals and some not so much. This time I'm going to include links to the ads just in case anyone sees something they like.

1.  REDUCED- Dark Bay QH Gelding For Sale - $500




REDUCED- "Doc" is a Beautiful, Dark Bay, QH, Gelding, 4 Y/O, Green Broke, Halters, Leads, Loads, Lunges, Gentle, from the Championship Bloodline "High Lite Cat" out of Colorado, No Papers, this horse is one Super Equine!!! "Doc" has All the Right Stuff. This horse has Great Potential with the proper training. Fast, Big, 15hh+, I hate to see him go, but reluctantly, I have to sell this horse. Looking for Good Home to Relocate this Horse. Need to have him gone by this Friday.
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/grd/4161688409.html

Well, he doesn't know much and he could use some groceries but I think with those and some work he could be a cute little horse.


2. AQHQ mare 2 1\2 yrs old 13.2 hands - $400


I have a little mare 2 1&2 yrs old she has some ground work on her.she needs finished .Shes abt 13.2 Hands .shes not spooky at all.very easy to work with..would make a really good little play day or kids horse.. $400.OBO ..or might TRADE..her pedigree is on all breed pedigrees..Locker Room Diva..impressive..poco..leo..three bars .king..all in.her pedigree... http://littlerock.craigslist.org/grd/4143226768.html

Well I'm very happy someone's gave this little lady a chance to grow up. I hate seeing people riding horses that still clearly need to develop. She certainly seems inquisitive enough. 

3. Paint Mare For Sale - $300



Read add before contacting.

Approximately 8 years old, Paint mare. Has foaled in the past. Approximately 15 hands tall
Built like a tank. Green broke and prefers a Hackamore. Skittish and prefers women. 
This mare is well built and has some speed. She can sneak up on you, as big as she is, she is so quiet. Beautiful, unique markings. Previous owner said she had one foal and was a great mother and even willingly fostered a foal. She has not been bred since we have had her.

BUYER MUST TRANSPORT. Price is $300 CASH or best OFFER or approved, equal value trade.
All REASONABLE offers will be considered.
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/grd/4162861164.html

There's something kind of weird going on with either her back or her legs, I can't quite place it.. However, overall I really do kinda like this mare. She certainly is a stocky lady and I think $300 is a very fair price. With some more training she seems like she'd be a nice trail horse. I also like that these people know enough to not breed her.  Way to go guys, giving me some faith again!

4.  Black and White Gelding - $400 


Black and white gelding he is a easy keeper, stands for farrier, loads, will stand tied, bathes, neck reins, has been to wagon races, trail rides he has seen it all he is not a booger hunter! He is NOT a kids horse!
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/grd/4160009563.html

Now this is definitely my top pick so far. I'm actually fairly interested in him. His build isn't spectacular, but it's not awful either. I think he'd be a little doll all cleaned up and  I like what he's done and I love that expression. Wish I knew his age though. I'm sure the 'Not a kids horse' is scaring some people off but in all honesty, i'm amazed how many people assuming that all horses are kids horses. Which is just NOT true, so I don't find this a reason to be concerned at all.

5. 10 yo Sorrel Gelding - $350




10 year old sorrel Arabian gelding for sale. Very beautiful horse! Has all the looks of an Arabian(head, tail set, etc.) He is broke to ride. He will flex his head vertically and to both sides. He is very soft in the mouth and willing to learn. Stands still for mounting. I have only had him a short time, but he is not flighty. Can be a little snorty. Previous owners said he hasn't been messed with much in the last two years. With a little work, he would make a nice little playday or trail horse. He handles very easy. Knows go and stop. Handles easy on the ground. I got him in a trade along with a couple more horses, and I'm just not a fan of an Arabian. You can come ride him, but like I said, I haven't had him for long, so you would know about as much about him as I do. I have ridden him around the yard and out in pasture no problem. I am asking 350 and will take any reasonable offer.
http://littlerock.craigslist.org/grd/4143208399.html

Now this boy is a looker and a half. I don't understand why he hasn't sold yet. He's broke, pretty and just needs a tune up. However, people in my area really aren't Arabian people and they don't seem to sell. I still haven't forgotten the gorgeous white Arabian mare I missed at the auction for $160 and tried to track down. Personally, I've never been an Arabian person. Icertainly don't dislike them but I'm a gaited girl. I've ridden and worked with quite a few of them, and owned one- some flightly, some crazy, and some perfectly sane- you know, like every other breed on the planet.  Still, I think this guy should have been snatched up by now. If he weren't nearly 3 hours away from me, I'd be inclined to do it myself.  I know I'd try to take him home if I saw him at the auction! 



Alright, there was going to be more but apparently we're going garaging sailing and leaving at 6 am... So I'm going to bed. Night y'all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment