Thursday, January 24, 2013

Oh CL, when will you stop being a source of fodder?

1. Solid White Quarter Horse For Sale/Looking for pony - $150 We have a solid white quarter horse mare, that just turned 2 in November. Gorgeous girl. Lounges like a dream, loads, ties, stays still for farrier, has had a saddle and bridle on. She is not completely broke yet. Finish her how you want her. Her name is Sophie. Current nefative coggins. Call for anymore information. $150.
Also looking for a pony or minature for a little girl. Needs to be kid broke and safe. She is only three.
Call (removed) for any information or to call about the pony.
Okay, not bad, hasn't been ridden yet thankfully.  Nothing too awful here, right? Well, besides the image of the horse just lounging around, perhaps sipping a martini.... 
WRONG
Holy sickle hocks batman! That has got to be one of the funkiest back leg sets I've ever seen.  Add in the nest, long slightly roached looking back, weak hind end, sunburned looking face and piggy expression and I just want to know what's gorgeous here? I'm sure she has a good personality, err, disposition but dang. How long before she's lame? God willing she's never used as a broodmare- please please please nooo! At least she's not post legged? 

2. Who in Arkansas has McCurdy Horses - $2 (Arkansas)
I think I might would like to have one of the McCurdy Plantain hores Just to see what I can do with it.

You know you're in Arkansas when..... I'm sorry, this one just cracks me up. I just wanna see what I can do with one of them thur hores. *wink wink*
I bet you could ride it, since you know, they're a horse. Meant for covering lots of ground easily and smoothly.  


3.4 year old mare green broke she had been rode
But it has been awhile she will defiantly need a 
Tune up. Stands to have feet done no bite,buck 
Or kick. She is 13 hands 200.00 OBO 
Holy hell, check out that crest!

 Now description wise, this doesn't sound like a bad little horse. But good lord, put her on a dry lot before she founders! I thought our little paso mare is on the cresty/chubby side (she's on a constant diet to keep her a healthy weight) but paso's are often cresty- this is a QH. Diet time pronto! Do all the exercise!  I hope someone gets her, slims her down before she founders and makes a nice little riding pony out of her. She's got a cute expression. 


4. Price reduced! He is an exceptionally sweet, VERY gentle Paint colt & would make a great pal for a child. Just loves being groomed & fussed over. Would trade for horse hay. 
Breed: Miniature Gender: Stallion Color: Pinto Height: 7.10 hands  Age: 1 yr Registered: Yes Price: $ 295



No one is going to convince me that that isn't a tiny llama. Possibly donkey. Or that it's all horse. That back is just...  wtf? For $300 I can get a real horse or a super cute mini... Poor thing. Yikes.

5.Stuart Little has not had a lot of handling and is wary of people. He needs an experienced trainer and handler.  Adoption contract and farm check required. Details are on our website. See more horses and ponies available for adoption at Give Me A Chance Equine Rescue at our website. 
Breed: Other Gender: Stallion Color: Bay Height: 13.30 hands Temperament: 5  Age: 7 yrs 9 mths
Registered: No Price: $ 100




Now I'm going to start by saying that this is an ADORABLE little horse. I just love his look. I think they've done a good job getting him a healthy weight. But they've had him for something like a year, I've been keeping watch on the ad, and he's still a stallion! What kind of rescue adopts out a grade, unbroke, untrusting stallion?! If you're never training them or gelding them you're really just feeding them. *sigh* I was going to try and volunteer my time there if I had any, but when I say they were adopting out stallions and almost all of their horses were untrained or not tested for riding... it sends up alarms. 


6.  blue eyed stallion.  HE HAS NOT BEEN TRAINED TO RIDE BUT HE STANS FOR FARRIER AND WILL EAT OUT OF YOUR HAND,WE HATE TO SELL HIM BUT WE HAVE TO MANY BABIES ON THE GROUND HE HAS THREE THIS YEAR,  I WILL SELL HIM FOR $250 HE JUST PASTURE BREEDS AND CONTROLS HIS MARES THANKS  not reg.
Other ad
this welsh stud has only pasture services, but hes good at it , he has 4paint fillies and a chocolate shetland,his mother was a mo-foxtrotter,he is 5yrs old --searvices $100 or will sell for $250 need to replace him ..and hay is short.50in tall




Okay, are you fucking kidding me?! All your crappy grade, mutt stallion does is pasture breed and you're selling him because hay is short- and you want to buy another stallion? So you can make more grade babies from his grade babies? It hurts. Seriously. God I hate people. QUIT BREEDING CRAP.No one, NO ONE wants those foals. Just stop. Pleasseeee


7. Awsome horse Very gentle - $850 
Mare standing at 13.2 and 11 yrs old. Once used as a therapy horse. Can be rode, western and English, jumps from18-24 inches, trail riding, parades or even just bareback and a halter, This horse has done it all. Not spooky and very gentlle. Used to all sorts of small animals under foot. Can just call to catch, and gets along well with other horses. Loads even in small trailers. An easy keeper who has had , all shots done, plus coggins, wormed, feet done, and teeth floated. A great little play day or event pony, to a good home only.


Now this isn't the prettiest horse I've ever seen or a very good picture, but my gosh does she sound like a nice little mare! This is a kids dream- or it would be if people weren't so caught up on looks and color. I recommended her to someone who asked me to keep an eye out for a horse for her and her daughter- both beginners. Daughter wanted to start English and maybe jumping. I recommended a few more and they were clearly most interested in the paints. *sigh* This horse sounds like a steal, has had owners who clearly care enough to take good care of her, and I really hope some little kid snatches her right up and spends lots of hours grooming her to a shine and feeding her carrots. Looks aren't everything. 

Okay the second picture is just adorable- seriously, someone snatch her up!

8. I have several Miniture horses for sale at Winter prices. Over 50 females, all running with a 26 inch stud. The Horse size range between 26 inches to 35 inches, all different colors. These make wonderful pets, a few people who have bought from me keep theirs in the house. All horses are registered, have a clean coggins, and come with a new halter. Some horses are 150 some are 250, come spring they will go up after the babies have arrived. These are great friendly horses and can be shown at miniature shows as well as compete in obstacles.  Daylight hours are best, so you can see the horses.


I'm glad they're registered but why so many, why are they all with a stud! And why do you sell them to people who think keeping them in the house is a good idea?! 

9. BIG REWARD FOR STOLEN TACK AND OTHER BARN ITEMS!!!!
ATTENTION - ATTENTION - ATTENTION!!!
MY BARN WAS BROKEN INTO AND THE FOLLOWING ITEMS WERE TAKEN:
1. REFURBISHED BILLY DON HOGG 14.5" CALF ROPING SADDLE (HAS A LONGHORN BRAND NAME ON IT) SEE PICTURES FOR DESCRIPTION.
2. 42" RED BARN/SHOP FAN MADE BY VENTAMATIC ALSO KNOWN AS A "MAX AIR" FAN. BRAND NEW!!!!
3. AN ASSORTMENT OF CUSTOM BITS WITH CUSTOM HEADSTALLS AND TIEDOWNS. I HAVE INCLUDED PICTURES OF SOME OF THE BITS!!!!






Now I'm sad they got their stuff stolen (that's a shitty situation) and I really hope they get it all back- well, all except the bits. For their horses sake I hope those stay missing... 


2 comments:

  1. OH GOD IS THAT A BIKE CHAIN BIT?
    I've heard of that crap, but never actually seen it. My brain huuuuurrts.

    Jeez, I thought Crhaigslist was bad up HERE. Keep it coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are pretty much daily- the bike chains and freaky curbs are at every tack store, but good luck finding a snaffle!

    ReplyDelete