Friday, August 22, 2014

I am an addict.

Not to blogging, obviously, but I am hopelessly and completely a horse addict.
After one week without horse interactions:
"Oh, well it's nice to have a break. Plus I'm in London and spending time with The Boy... It's nice to not be constantly working all the time. And it's cool to not be smelling like horse and poo all the time."

After two and a half weeks without horses:  "Okay, break time was cool, but now I'm a little bored. Guess I'll download some books with horses in them or something..."

After four weeks without horses: "Well, this whole travelling and seeing everything is pretty cool, and staying in fancy places and eating awesome food for free is pretty sweet (but seriously, why so many forks? This is an unnecessary number of forks for any one human being y'all.)  however I would totally love to go riding right about now. But I can't, so I guess I'll buy some technical horse books and educate myself since I can't ride.. Hmm, the  Official North American Horse Breed Standards Guide sounds interesting, and it's almost 700 pages. I'll get that. Ooh, I found this in a shop and it's only 5 pounds... I could totally learn from "Tack: How to choose it and how to use it". Yeah. It's an investment. Duh."

After 2 months without horses: "Is that a horse!!?! That clip clop sounded like a horse?! Holy shit, that's a horse, that's amazing! Even if it's conformation is shit.   yay! I saw a horse.... "

*later on the train*
"Hey, those are horses!" *turn around and stare at them, causing everyone around me to jerk up and look around in surprise at whatever made me jump*

"Oh my god, I need a horse fix. Petting the carriage horses is okay, but it's not a horse fix. It's just nice to know horses are still a thing in the world.. how do people live without horses? I don't understand.  This is a terrible world."

"Ooh, this hostel says there's horse races and riding near it! We should do that!  .... wait.. I don't like horse racing... and I'm not paying anyone 30 euros to ride a horse when I'll be home in 5 days and can ride my own perfectly good horse as much as  I want. What was I thinking?"

"Eek! We get to stay with a host with horses for a few days! Oh god, I can love on horses as soon as tomorrow! I'm so happy! I don't even need to ride, I just need to love them. I can sleep in a barn. It's cool. I don't mind. I just need a fix man..."


Yep.
I am both addicted to horses and secretly a 12 year old girl on the inside.

This post brought to you by  John Kepplers Premium Irish Cider.


Also, I've been to London, all over England, Scotland and Wales, and I am currently in Ireland with my sister. I've been busy. Also unmotivated without my horses to get me going. Which is why I still haven't posted. I feel bad, since I promised to write and finish that one post, like, a long time ago. But I haven't.

However since I'm not trying to make blogging my career, unlike my sister (you can check out her blog for actual travel tales and other things at: RamblingMandie.com) *yep, shameless sister promoting going on here.*  She thinks I should do a guest post, but I would feel bad blogging for her while ignoring you guys. So maybe after I get home, get motivated and re-charged (I know I can' be the only person who needs horse time to recharge their batteries.) and then I'll try and blog more.


No comments:

Post a Comment