Thursday, October 24, 2013

Quick update! Sale barn Special- Beauties!

So, on friday my mother had to be rushed to the hospital, at 1:30 in the morning for what ended up being emergency gallbladder surgery. Although my mum's stubborn and refused to have the surgery until she looked at other options, long story short, there wasn't any so it had to come out. So I spent the fun weekend in the hospital.

So I don't have much new to talk about. But I do have some new pictures to share.

So as some of you probably know, since I've probably bitched about it, I absolutely loathe the term 'sale barn special'. Mainly because it's always used by people in their CL ads with terrible pictures of mediocre horses to imply that they are inherently better than horses who've been run through an auction.
Which, they usually aren't.

The best was when I heard someone describe their horse that way.... ... at an auction. While the horse was being run through.  Yeah. It made me head hurt.

Anyway, yesterday we did a shoot of Lacey and Loki- after nearly 2 months of work and proper food.

Isn't that the most darling little baby doll face? 

The halter was a little too big for his tiny head. 




Some times I wish there were shots of what it takes to get these awesome shots... .For this one I had to crawl along the ground on my hands and knees making sounds like an idiot. But damn does he look good. A little bit "Hey mom, what the hell are you doing down there?" but good.

Loki has filled out rather a lot since I got him. The weight and muscle looks good on him. 

In case you were wondering, the Fat-Ass-Kill- Buyer and I were bidding on Loki- no one else really was and I won him for 350. Yeah. Price does not indicate worth- nor does location.  

Miss Lacey- aka miss- I don't want to have my ears up for a single posed shot and I want to go to sleep. 

But as soon as you turn her loose- bam, the ears go up and the tail lifts. 


Na, she's not proud of herself or anything. 





In other news, I LOVE my neighbors. They let us borrow their pasture for pictures. Which is great since there aren't random piles of poop...and because they have beautiful trees that horses haven't eaten. The horses got to go eat in their pasture until they started nomming the trees. Then they got kicked out. 

And also because they bring us food. I love the south. 

I feel like I might want to do a post on what it takes to get decent pictures for people wanting to sell their horses. What do you guys think?

Also, just for fun, you guys can try to guess how many pictures we take per photo shoot to get what we deem amazing or ad worthy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment